A twist on the traditional Greek Salad! Loaded up with creamy avocado and a touch of lettuce along with green peppers (or capsicum), tomatoes, cucumbers, feta, olives, and onion. The best side salad for any meal!
For The Salad:
- 1 large cucumber , halved lengthways and sliced
- 4 vine ripened tomatoes , cut into wedges
- 1 green pepper (capsicum), deseeded and sliced
- ½ red onion , sliced thinly
- 7 oz | 200 g good quality creamy feta cheese , cubed
- ½ cup (3 oz | 80 g) pitted Kalamata olives
- 1 large avocado , diced
For The Dressing:
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic (or 1 large garlic cloves, minced)
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano (plus extra to serve)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Whisk together dressing ingredients in jug or jar.
- Mix together all of the salad ingredients in a large bowl.
- Toss with dressing.
- Season with extra salt ONLY IF NEEDED (depending how salty your feta cheese is).
- To serve, sprinkle over extra oregano (optional). Serve with chicken, fish, lamb, beef, the options are endless!