There are quite a few ingredients but trust me the end product is well worth it! Never go back to that bottled stuff. Remember that it is best preserved in the Freezer and will last you over 17 YEARS! Chef Jean-Pierre.
- 6 pounds Beef Short Ribs
- 1 cup Flour seasoned with salt and pepper
- 1 tablespoon Clarified Butter or Garlic Olive Oil (See video below)
- 2 cups Yellow Onion, chopped into big dice
- 1 cup Leeks cut into ¼” to ½” chunks
- 4 Celery Stalks cut into a bias about ¼” thick
- 2 Jalapeño Chili Peppers seeded and diced
- 1 Green Pepper, large dice
- 1 Red Pepper, large dice
- 6 to 8 Whole Garlic cloves
- ½ cup Dark Brown Sugar
- 2 cups Tomatoes chopped
- 2 tablespoons Thyme, Oregano and Rosemary chopped and mixed together
- 2 tablespoons Chipotle Chilies in Adobo Sauce
- ¼ cup Maple or an aged Balsamic Vinegar
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Dried Mustard
- 3 to 4 cups Beef Stock
- ¼ teaspoon Liquid Smoke
- ½ cup Maple Bourbon
- Preheat Oven to 190°C
- Pat ribs dry and dredge them in seasoned flour. In a frying pan, heat some clarified butter (or olive oil if you do not have the butter) and sear the ribs until golden brown. Remove from the pot and reserve.
- In an oven proof pot, add some galic olive oil when hot add the chopped onions and sweat them for 5 minutes until a golden brown. Add the leeks, celery and all the peppers and sweat for 2 minutes. Add the jalapeno chili peppers, garlic and when fragrant add all the remaining ingredients except the liquid smoke and the Bourbon.
- Add the Ribs and cook for about 2 ½ to 3 hours or until a fork tender. Add the liquid smoke and the Bourbon and adjust seasoning.
That is the most advanced bbq sauce I’ve ever seen done. This man puts serious love into his cooking. Great job chef!
This is what I would call an upscale BBQ sauce. And of course I would expect nothing less from Chef Jean-Pierre! Chef,