Carrot Cake Cheesecake is a fluffy and super moist carrot cake layered with a creamy, lemon scented cheesecake. The BEST of both worlds!
Carrot Cake Cheesecake smothered with a cream cheese frosting and crushed pecans to add crunch, this impresses everyone. Especially when slicing and seeing those perfect layers of soft, creamy cheesecake AND carrot cake in one!
- 3/4 cup all-purpose (plain) flour
- 1/2 cup whole wheat (wholemeal) flour
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup oil (you can use melted coconut oil)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce (or oil)
- 1/4 cup unsweetened almond milk (or any milk)
- 2 large eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2/3 cup natural granulated sweetener (or sugar)
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar (or light-brown sugar)
- 1 1/4 cups finely grated carrots
- 1 cup 250g light cream cheese, at room temperature
- 1/2 cup non-fat , plain Greek yogurt
- 1/3 cup natural powdered sweetener (or sugar)
- 1 tablespoon all-purpose flour (plain flour)
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons fresh squeezed lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/3 cup cream cheese , at room temperature
- 3/4 cup natural powdered sweetener (or sugar)
- 1/3 cup non fat plain Greek yogurt
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup chopped pecans or walnuts to garnish
With all of the carrot cakes floating around on the world wide web lately, this cake is for those of us wanting to enjoy our weekend with less guilt than normal carrot cakes, but still so decadent that your family would never guess this is lower in fat!
- Preheat oven to 175°C | 350°F.
- Lightly grease an 8-inch round springform pan with cooking oil spray, line with baking paper and set aside.
For The Cake:
- In a large bowl, whisk together flour(s), cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda and salt until well combined.
- In a separate bowl, mix together the oil, applesauce, almond milk, eggs and vanilla.
- Whisk the granulated sweetener (or sugar) and coconut sugar (or brown sugar) into the wet ingredients, and beat until well combined.
- Add in the dry ingredients and the grated carrots, mixing to form a smooth batter.
For The Cheesecake Mixture:
- Beat the cheesecake ingredients together until smooth and lump free (about one minute on low speed).
- Evenly pour half of the carrot cake batter into the prepared pan.
- Pour 1/3 of the cream cheese mixture over carrot cake layer (don’t swirl it through).
- Spoon remaining carrot cake mixture over cream cheese layer, then pour the remaining cheesecake mixture over the carrot cake layer to completely cover.
- Bake in preheated oven 65 – 70 minutes, until the centre is just set (it will have a very slight wobble to it). If you find it is browning after 30 minutes, tent with foil being careful the foil does not stick to the cheesecake).
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for an hour or so.
- Cover with foil and refrigerate for 6 hours or over night.
For The Frosting:
- Beat all cream cheese ingredients together until smooth.
- Spread the frosting evenly over the top and sides of the cheesecake.
- Decorate with chopped pecans or walnuts.