Crispy Baked Chicken Tenders soaked in lemon garlic flavours. Coated in a golden parmesan Panko crumb creates an addictive crunch! No flour needed!
Succulent, juicy oven fried Chicken Tenders dipped in honey mustard sauce are popular with kids, adults, and make the perfect finger food. No mess… no fuss, with an irresistible golden crumb!
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (or juice of 1/2 a lemon)
- 1 tablespoon fresh chopped parsley
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 3/4 teaspoon salt to season
- 1/4 teaspoon cracked black pepper
- 800g chicken tenders
- 1 cup Panko breadcrumbs
- 1/2 cup regular breadcrumbs (seasoned with garlic, herb or Italian seasoned for extra flavour)
- 1 teaspoon mild paprika (or sweet, smoky, spicy)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/4 cup fresh grated parmesan cheese
Honey Mustard Sauce
- 1/2 cup of a whole egg mayo
- 1/4 cup Dijon mustard
- 1/4 cup of honey
Serve baked chicken tenders with a no fuss honey mustard sauce. You can throw in a pinch of salt and a teaspoon of white vinegar for a little something extra. You can also dip them in my Honey Garlic Butter Sauce!
Juicy, tender, moist, soft — all of those. PLUS crispy. It’s a win win!
- Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Lightly grease a baking tray / sheet with cooking oil spray, or a light coating of oil. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, whisk together the egg, oil, lemon juice, parsley, garlic, salt and pepper.
- Dip chicken tenders into egg mixture and let sit for 5 minutes while preparing crumb mixture.
- OPTIONAL: Cover and allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 30 minutes to an hour (if time allows).*
- In another bowl, combine both breadcrumbs, paprika, garlic powder, onion powder and parmesan cheese.
- Dredge the egg coated chicken in the breadcrumb/parmesan mixture, lightly pressing to evenly coat.
- Arrange tenders on the baking sheet / tray and lightly spray with cooking oil spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes.
- Flip and bake for a further 5-10 minutes or until cooked through. (Grill in the last 2-3 minutes for a golden crispy crumb!
I suggest letting them marinate in the egg wash for half an hour to an hour, or overnight if time allows. If not, don’t worry! They are still incredible and full flavoured without marinating.