Tender and juicy chicken breasts smothered in garlic mushroom sauce is comfort food that could be in front of you in just 30 minutes! Using simple ingredients and cooking techniques you you can easily impress your loved one with this restaurant quality dinner! Watch Video at bottom of page.
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- salt and pepper
- 250g button mushrooms, halved or sliced
- 2 shallots, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 sprigs rosemary or 1 tsp dried rosemary
- 1 tbsp flour
- 80ml or ¼cup dry white wine
- 80ml or ¼cup chicken stock
- 375ml/1.5 cups double/heavy cream
- 1 tsbp wholegrain mustard or dijon mustard
Skinless, boneless chicken breasts are so easy to work with. They are readily available and require almost no prep. They also cook in record time, which means dinner could be made in a flash!
- Slice chicken breasts lengthwise,
- Salt and pepper and brown on both sides in olive oil on medium heat until golden.
- Remove to a plate. (At this point chicken will not be cooked all the way through.)
- To the same pan add the mushrooms together with chopped rosemary, salt and pepper and brown the mushrooms over medium heat for 2-3 minutes.
- Add the chopped shallots and minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes longer.
- Add a heaped tablespoon of flour and stir to combine.
- Add the white wine and scrape the bottom of the pan with a spatula to release the brown bits into the liquid.
- Pour in chicken stock, double/heavy cream, add 1 tbsp of mustard and stir to combine.
- Add the chicken breasts together with the juices they released back to the pan, and bring the sauce to a boil, then lower the heat to low and let it simmer for 10 minutes.
- Taste the sauce and add more salt and pepper if necessary.