Time 30 minutes
- 1 white onion, chopped
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic
- Pinch salt
- 1-inch ginger, peeled and cut into matchsticks
- 1 eggplant, cut into cubes
- 150g chicken mince
- 400g firm tofu, cut into 1 cm cubes
- 1 red chilli, sliced
- 1 green chilli, sliced
- ¼ cup water + 4 tbsp corn flour
- 6 cloves garlic
- 3 tbsp chilli jam
- Pinch sweet chilli flakes
- 2 dried chillies
- 1 tbsp dark soy sauce
- 1 tbsp light soy sauce
- 1 tbsp vinegar
- 1 cup green beans, sliced
- Sesame seeds
- 3 sprigs spring onion, chopped
- 1 bunch coriander, chopped
- Add olive oil to hot frypan over a high heat. Sautee the onions for 3 minutes or until they have begun to soften.
- Add garlic and ginger and fry for 1 minute or until fragrant before adding eggplant with a pinch of salt and pepper. If the eggplant needs a little more moisture add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil.
- Stir the chillies through the mixture before adding the chicken mince, season with salt and pepper cook the chicken mince for a few minutes.
- Add tofu, and beans, toss through and allow to warm
- Add chilli jam, dark soy, light soy, and vinegar, and stir to coat all of the ingredients in the sauce.
- Stir through the corn flour and cook for another minute or until the sauce has thickened.
- Remove from the heat and stir through the spring onion and coriander.
- Garnish with sesame seeds to serve.