This browned Butter Honey Garlic Prawn dish feels like a gourmet meal, with half of the effort, maximum taste and all in less than 15 minutes! No marinating required.
Simple ingredients, maximum flavours.
- 2 cups basmati rice or 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 eggs + salt/pepper
- 2 ham steaks, finely cubed
- 1 handful chopped shallots
- 1 cup mixed vegetables (peas, corn, carrots)
- 3 tbsp peanut oil
- 3 tbsp soy sauce
- Wash your basmati rice
- Boil a pot of 10 cups of water to the boil
- In a small bowl crack in two eggs, add a pinch of salt and give a quick mix
- into a wok on medium heat, add two tablespoons of peanut oil and heat.
- Add the egg mixture and swirl around the side as though you are making an omelette.
- once cooked roll up and take off heat and remove
- Add rice to boiling water and cook for 10-12 minutes. test to make sure the rice is cooked.
- turn heat off the rice water and strain. run under cold water to stop the cooking process.
- cut ham steaks into very small cubes
- chop shallots finely
- cup of mixed veges ready to place in.
- chop omelette into small pieces
- get wok onto medium heat and add 3 tbsp of peanut oil
- Mix sliced ham into sizzling frypan and mix
- add all the veges, rice and mix through
- add 3 tablespoons of soy sauce and mix around
- add chopped shallot and sliced up egg and mix through
- at this point, if you wanted to add anything else, e.g. prawn, bbq pork, do it now.
- lower heat and cook until all liquid had gone.