Tender and juicy pan-fried chicken breasts made in a creamy garlic mushroom sauce that’s simple, easy to make, and ready to serve on your dinner table in just 30 minutes. This creamy chicken and mushroom recipe can be served with a side of potatoes, pasta or zucchini noodles, roasted veggies, rice or quinoa, or for a low carb option serve it with cauliflower rice. We lightened up this recipe by using cream cheese instead of heavy cream and a small amount of cornstarch to thicken it up. An easy chicken dinner recipe that will be your go-to weeknight meal to serve your family all year round. A comforting healthy chicken recipe that even the kids will love!
- olive oil
- chicken breasts,
- boneless skinless
- garlic cloves, crushed
- button mushrooms halved
- chicken broth
- salt and pepper
- cream cheese, light or fat-free
- fresh chopped curly parsley
- Heat 1 tablespoon of olive oil in a pan over medium-high heat.
- Add chicken breast and cook until each side is golden-brown, about 5 minutes per side. Once done, remove from heat and set aside, covered to keep warm.
- Heat the remaining 1 tablespoon of oil and add mushrooms and cook until slightly golden brown.
- Then add garlic, sauté until fragrant.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, whisk cornflour with 2 tbsp of water until fully dissolved.
- Pour the broth and cornstarch mixture.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper, cook until liquid starts to bubble.
- Stir in cream cheese and whisk well, until sauce is smooth and thickened.
- Return chicken breast back into the pan, and spoon over with the hot sauce.
- Garnish with chopped parsley and serve warm