This is about eggs and kale too, but really, it’s about the goat cheese. The creamy, tangy, soft and crumbly goat cheese will make your breakfast even more delicious.
You will want to put it on every single food you eat. You will now have an obsession for goat cheese.
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1/4 cup julienne sun dried tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon pesto
- 1 tablespoon pumpkin seeds
- 2 eggs
- 1 ounce goat cheese
You can replace the sun dried tomatoes with fresh ones.
This kale salad is the easiest and best thing you could ever do to kale: chop it up really finely, toss it with sun dried tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, and a spoonful of pesto. The combination of the salty, herby veggies with the barely scrambled eggs and tangy goat cheese is perfect for single-person lunches and dinners on the fly.
- Chop the kale into fine, small pieces.
- Soak the sun dried tomatoes in water for a few minutes to soften if they were not packed in oil. Drain excess water.
- Toss the kale, tomatoes, pumpkin seeds, and pesto together in a large bowl.
- Preheat a nonstick skillet to medium low heat.
- Gently pour the eggs directly onto the pan and let them sit for a minute or two.
- Gently drag your spoon across the eggs – they should be starting to cook a little bit.
- Repeat this process, gently dragging the spoon across to pick up the cooked egg bits, until the eggs are just BARELY done. They should look soft and almost a little bit wet. You shouldn’t really be able to smell them.
- Toss a piece of goat cheese into the eggs, stir once more to melt it a little bit, and serve your eggs on a plate with your salad.