Easy Honey Garlic Salmon is a throw together recipe in one pan and a handful of ingredients!
A perfect sweet and savoury 5-ingredient garlicky sauce with a hint of lemon will become your family’s new salmon obsession. Honey Garlic Salmon = dinner ready in under 15 minutes, including prep time!
- 4 salmon fillets about250 grams each, skin off or on
- Salt and pepper, to season
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika (mild, sweet or smokey)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 4 cloves garlic, finely chopped or minced
- 4 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon water
- 2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon fresh squeezed lemon juice, (plus extra to serve)
- Lemon wedges to serve
The browned butter mixed through that honey garlic sauce is what makes that salmon recipe stand out from the rest. However, there comes a time when people want to keep things simple, and there’s nothing wrong with simplifying a recipe! In fact, you guys are going to love this one if not more than the previous one.
- Arrange oven shelf to the middle of your oven.
- Preheat oven to grill settings on medium heat.
- Season salmon with salt, pepper and paprika. Set aside.
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium-high heat until melted.
- Add the garlic and sauté for about a minute, until fragrant.
- Pour in the honey, water and soy sauce;
- allow the flavours to heat through and combine.
- Add in the lemon juice; stir well to combine all of the flavours together.
- Add the salmon steaks to the sauce in the pan; cook each fillet (skin-side down if there’s any skin) for 3-4 minutes or until golden, while basting the tops with the pan juices.
- Season with salt and pepper, to taste (if desired).
- Optional — Add the lemon wedges around the salmon (adds a stronger lemon taste).
Baste salmon one more time then transfer the pan to your oven to grill for a further 5-6 minutes, or until the tops of the salmon are nicely charred, and the salmon is cooked to your liking.
- To serve, drizzle with the sauce and a squeeze of lemon juice.
- Serve with steamed vegetables; over rice or with a salad.