“A fresh, easy and super tasty dessert. I first came across Key Lime Pie in season 3 of ‘Dexter’ – when Dexter visits an old family friend in hospital, and her final wish is for the perfect piece of Key Lime Pie – a very American dessert!
- 250g ‘Nice’ biscuits
- 100g butter, melted
- 4 eggs, lightly beaten
- 395g can condensed milk
- 2/3 cup (160ml) cream
- Finely grated rind and juice of 4 limes
- Preheat oven to 170°C. Line base of a 20cm springform tin with baking paper.
- Process biscuits until fine crumbs. Add butter, process until combined.
- Press mixture firmly into the base and 3cm up sides of tin. Refrigerate.
- Whisk eggs, milk, cream, lime rind and juice until smooth. Pour into biscuit crust.
- Place on tray and bake for 40-45 mins or until set. Cool.
- Refrigerate for at least 3 hours, or until chilled and set.
- Serve with extra lime slices and whipped cream.