- 2kg Australian bone-in lamb shoulder
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 cup (250ml) chicken stock
- 1/2 cup (125ml) dry white wine
- 1 orange, zested, juiced
- 4 red-skinned potatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 red onion, cut into thick wedges
- 1/2 cup (80g) green olives
- 2 tablespoons finely chopped toasted pistachios
- 2 tablespoons mint leaves
- 2 wholemeal pita pockets, toasted
Preheat oven to 150C. Place the lamb in a roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and sprinkle with paprika, cinnamon and cumin. Season with salt and pepper.
Drizzle stock, wine and orange juice around lamb. Cover with foil. Bake for 2 1/2 hours. Spoon pan juices over lamb. Arrange potato and onion around lamb. Cover with foil. Bake for 1 hour or until lamb is almost falling off the bone.
Place lamb on a serving platter. Arrange potato, onion and olives around lamb. Sprinkle lamb with orange zest, pistachio and mint leaves. Serve with toasted pita bread.