Place Enhancement Grants have been developed to assist eligible businesses, landlords and owners corporations improve the look, feel and use of privately-owned, open spaces such as streetscapes, car parks and public realm areas through capital works projects. The objective of these grants is to improve the visitor experience which will encourage repeat visitation for longer periods adding to the vibrancy and viability of shopping precincts in Banyule.
Council welcomes proposals that aim to:
- Address health and safety concerns.
- Improve accessibility.
- Improve amenity.
- Add vibrancy to a space.
Projects such as:
- Improvements to existing car parks e.g. resurfacing, drainage, roll over curb etc.
- Improvements to pedestrian access ways.
- Construction/ improvements to retaining walls.
- Feature walls (mural, garden walls etc.) and other building facade improvements.
- Establishment or improvement of street-facing outdoor dining areas, e.g. shade structures, resurfacing, crash barriers.
- Plumbed access to water to install drinking taps.
Matched dollar for dollar funding of up to $20,000 will be awarded to successful applicants to complete their project.
Applications close at 11:59PM Thursday 14 October 2021.
Announcement will be made at the end of November 2021.