Wanting to fancy up your weeknight chicken dinner? This Pan Roasted Greek Chicken is the perfect recipe to try out. It is made with fresh cherry tomatoes, peppers, onions, lemons, sweet potatoes, and some fresh herbs. Then topped with feta cheese, kalamata olives, and more fresh herbs if needed. A complete easy dinner or lunch recipe that takes cooking chicken into a whole other level.
Chicken – Thighs with skin were used in this recipe. Which explains the high calories per serving. A leaner and healthier option would be using skinless and boneless chicken breasts.
Potatoes – You may use either sweet potatoes or regular potatoes of choice.
Cheese – Feta cheese tastes best for greek style chicken recipe and we highly recommend use feta. But you may sub with other crumbly cheese like ricotta, halloumi, queso fresco, or goat cheese.
- 6 Chicken Thighs- skin on or 2 large chicken breasts- about 750kg
▢ 1 Green Pepper cut in big chunks
▢ 1 Yellow Pepper sliced cut in big chunks
▢ 2 Small Red Onions cut into quarters
▢ 1 Large Sweet Potato cut into bite-sized pieces
▢ 2 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
▢ 1 Lemon sliced
▢ 2 Garlic Cloves minced or pressed
▢ 2 Tbsp Olive Oil
▢ 1 Tbsp Smoked Paprika
▢ 1 Tbsp Dried Oregano
▢ 3-4 Fresh Thyme Sprigs
▢ Sea salt and pepper, to taste
▢ ⅔ Cups Kalamata Olives
▢ ¼ Cup Crumbled Feta
- In a large baking sheet add the chicken, potatoes, peppers, red onions, lemon wedges, garlic, and tomatoes.
- Sprinkle with oregano, paprika, salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil.
- Gently toss until well coated.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Remove from the oven and stir in crumbled feta cheese and olives.
- Garnish with fresh thyme and enjoy it!