This basic pasta cream sauce is worth learning how to make. Only 3 ingredients and the taste will rival any Italian restaurant. Once you master the basics, you can customise this recipe in so many different ways. Watch Facebook Video at the bottom of the page.
Servings: 6 – Calories: 320kcal
- 500ml or 2 cups double cream/heavy cream
- 50g or 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese freshly grated
- salt to taste
- Always reserve some water the pasta was cooked in to add to the sauce later. The main reason for is because hot pasta absorbs liquid very quickly and greedily.
- And even though you made enough sauce to serve with your pasta, the minute you combine the two a portion of the sauce gets absorbed, and all of a sudden you’ve got dry pasta but what we want is saucy!
- Here is when your reserved starchy water comes to the rescue and turns your pasta into something silky smooth and lovely.
- Always dress your hot pasta with a sauce before serving!
- Heat the cream in a pan over low heat but do not let it boil.
- Take it off the heat and whisk in the grated Parmesan cheese until melted and smooth.
- Taste the sauce and add the salt as needed. (Salt is an important ingredient here, so do not skip it.)
- To dress the pasta with the cream sauce, add the pasta directly to the pan with the sauce and gently shake the pan to coat the pasta with the sauce.
- Add up to ⅓ cup of the reserved pasta water to loosen the sauce.
- Serve immediately.