A beautifully crunchy salad with a mix of rocket leaves, dried fruits, pear and walnuts set this salad above the competition. And it’s vegan too!
Pears are also a bit of a fiber beast – just one small pear contains nearly one fifth of your fiber needs for the day – and most people get nowhere near their recommended amount! It helps against so many things, including heart disease, diabetes and even weight loss.
Prep Time 10 minutes
Total Time 10 minutes
Calories 309 kcal
Health Benefits – Pear Walnut Salad
If your body is feeling in need of a quick pick me up, then look no further than rocket .
It’s packed with a wide range of vitamins such as A, K and C, as well as all-important minerals like calcium, magnesium and iron.
- Chop the walnuts into smaller pieces.
- Dice the pear into small cubes. Think roughly the size of a quartered date.
- Chop the cranberries roughly.
- Throw all chopped ingredients and the washed arugula to the bowl too. Do make sure you wash the salad first, arugula often comes with a load of grit!
- Mix the orange juice, balsamic vinegar, mustard and olive oil together, Chuck in a dash or two of salt and pepper.Stir into the salad. Serve. Done!