- 1 package vermicelli rice noodles
- 1/2 chinese cabbage, finely shredded
- 2 carrots, julienned
- 1 large cucumber, julienned (remove seeds)
- 2 spring onions, finely chopped
- small handfuls each mint and coriander
- 1/3 cup peanuts
- 1 long red chili, finely sliced
For the dressing:
- Juice of 1 lime
- 2 cloves garlic, grated
- 1/3 cup fish sauce
- 1/3 cup rice vinegar
- 3 tbsp water
- 3 tbsp coconut sugar (or granulated sugar)
Make the noodles according to pack instructions and immediately rinse with cold water. Drain and set aside.
In a large bowl add the noodle and the shredded vegetables together.
Make the dressing by combining the ingredients in a jug and stirring until the sugar is dissolved. Pour over the noodle and vegetables and mix well with your hands.
Place on a large platter. Rip the herbs and scatter over.
In a small pan, toast the peanuts until brown then chop.
Scatter peanuts over the salad. Garnish with the red chili slices and more mint and coriander.