This succulent lamb roast is cooked low and slow until the meat falls off the bone.
- 1½ cups (375ml) red wine
- 2 x 400g cans cherry tomatoes
- ½ cup (140g) store-bought caramelised onion relish
- 1 head garlic, halved
- 3 sprigs rosemary
- 1.5kg lamb shoulder, bone in, trimmed
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- sea salt and cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 220°C.
- Place the wine, tomatoes, caramelised onion, garlic and rosemary in a deep-sided large roasting pan and mix to combine.
- Place the lamb on top of the tomato mixture, drizzle with the oil and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Cover tightly with aluminum foil and cook for 2½ hours.
- Remove the foil, spoon the sauce over the lamb and cook for a further 10–15 minutes or until golden brown. Serves 4
+ Serve the lamb with creamy polenta, roasted potatoes or shredded and stirred through pasta.