- 500g Ricotta
- 1 Brick of Feta
- 1 Bunch or a large bag of Spinach
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- 2 Eggs (reserve 1 yolk for egg wash)
- 4 Sheets of Puff Pastry
- Olive Oil
- Black and White Sesame Seeds
- Salt and Pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Saute down spinach in a large pan with some olive oil on a medium to low heat.
- In a large mixing bowl add ricotta and feta and loosely break down feta but be sure to leave some nice bigger chunks. Then add the zest of one lemon, salt and pepper to the mixture.
- Once the spinach has wilted, squeeze off all of the excess liquid before giving it a rough chop and adding it in with the cheeses.
- Crack 2 eggs into the mixing but keep one of the yolks for the egg wash, then give everything a really good mix.
- Cut each pastry sheet in quarters and then scoop a bit of the spinach and cheese mixture onto the pastry. Brush one side with the egg wash, fold over pastry and then seal by crimping with a fork. Then egg wash the top and lightly coated with Sesame seeds.
- Place each spanakopita on a baking tray lined with baking paper then transfer to the oven and bake for 20-25 mins or until golden brown.
- Cool slightly before serving.